Saturday, July 19, 2008

HELLLLLOOOOO?!?!

Wondering where I've been? Well, let's see, since the last post... Ty did get home and I FINALLY got all the camp clothes washed. (side note: if anyone has ever been to camp, you know that everything has to get washed regardless if it's been worn or not!) So with that being said maybe know you'll understand when i said "FINALLY!" This week we had VBS. It started Wednesday night and ended this afternoon. I, along with Amanda Dickens, taught the 4, 5 & 6 year olds. We had an average of 11 every night. It was great! But I'm exhausted! Nathan.. he's a story all on his own! He's never been a shy or bashful child but for some reason this week he's been glued to my hip. He would not go to his own class so the first 2 nights he got to sit in class with Ty who was teaching the teenagers. Friday night I decided to let him just come to class with me and he did great. He actually chippered up a little (is that a word?) and by the end of the night he was running around and singing VBS songs. Today after VBS I thought it would be nice to let Nathan see where Ty works. It's not like I can just hop in the car and go see him any time.. you have to plan 45 minute trips! Ty is really close to the Mall of Georgia and since he was scheduled to get off at 2 we went up and spent the rest of the afternoon searching for Nathan a birthday present. That's another thing that's been going on. I'm planning him a party at my parents house this coming up weekend. It's not that involved but I still want it to be special for Nathan (he'll be 3!). We started out at the "big" ToysRUs in Buford Ga. We weren't very impressed because they are moving locations and having a big "everything must go" sell. It was crowded and picked through. We rode over to the mall and walked around but neither Ty and I are big mall walkers so we didn't stay long. We then ventured over to an Italian restaurant to eat dinner with my co-worker and good friend, Erin, and her husband. After that we went to Target (yes Target! I know.. the mall of Ga. and we go to Target!) But I want you to know that's where we found his present! It's going to be a surprise for him... i really hope he likes it. Here's a pic but don't tell him what it is! :)






















Plans for this week... work and get ready for the party. My mom is taking off next week (the week after his birthday) and keeping Nathan again. We'll leave him with them for another WHOLE week! Actually, this will be an entire week and last time it was only like 4 days. I'll be OK though. You should see the child when he gets to "pawpaw's house." If you could name your Heaven, that would be his! Mom decided this after the last time she had to leave him. You remember the last post?? Yup, it tore her up as bad as it tore him up. So sweet! Anyway, I'll have to get them to take good pictures so I can post his 2nd week of vacation for the summer! Mommy hasn't even had 1!! Oh well.


One more thing. It's so hard to believe that it's already been 3 years!


We've gone from this...


















To this...



3 comments:

Haley said...

Busy busy busy! I know how you feel! Cant wait to see the birthday boy this weekend!

Hilary said...

Yea! Welcome to the blog world! Nathan is so cute. I love reading about his antics. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Kristy said...

I love your new pic of the two of you! SOOO cute