Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Aunts are the BEST...

When you become a mother there is this undescribable love that happens immediately. When you become an aunt the strangest thing happens... that same type of love happens immediately!! Those of you who are blessed enough to be aunts know what I'm talking about. I love Helen as if she were my own. She is such a precious child and Brian and Kristy are doing such a wonderful job raising her in a Godly home. Just to prove it.. she's 18 months old and already reminding her mother that she needs to say her nightly prayers! *Refer to Kristy's blog.. http://briankristyhelen.blogspot.com/


At any rate.. I said all that to say that I know without a doubt that Kristy feels the same way about Nathan. She is such a wonderful Christian woman, friend, sister-in-law, and Aunt! Brian couldn't have picked a better wife! She's so creative too! She gave Nathan his birthday present tonight at church since they will not be able to take the trip to Alabama with us for his party and I about fell out when I saw it! I immediately snatched it up and took it to the car before Nathan got his hands on it.. I almost hate for him to open it! She's just fabulous!! Kudos to Aunt Kristy!
















































Oh, and by the way Aunt Kristy, Nathan is so disappointed that you and the fam won't be able to come to his party. Here is a mini-version conversation I had with him tonight after we got home..


Mommy: Only one more day of school and we are going to Pawpaw and Mimi's house for your party!


Nathan: Is "Kisty" and "Heenie" going to my party?


Mommy: No baby, they won't be able to come this time.


Nathan: Oh No!!


Thanks for being so great to me and to my son Kristy.. you just don't know how much that means to me!


2 comments:

Kristy said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! How sweeeeeeet! You know I love that boy and HATE not to be there to see that boy turn three. Hopefully Pawpaw and Mimi will keep him from missing us too much. We'll have to do something fun for his Bday when he gets home! XOXOX

P.s. I had so much fun adding to that gift wrap. I even made sure to get Brian's crooked pinky on his handprint! LOL!

Kristy said...

OH, and when in this WORLD did you take that picture of me and what was I doing?