Tuesday, December 2, 2008

To the hospital and back again...

Sorry I haven't blogged in several weeks. The last blog I wrote gave some hope on the pregnancy but after another doctor's visit it was determined that I actually did miscarry. I've been dealing with a lot of emotional ups and downs the last week or so. I went last Monday and had a D&C. Needless to say, I was laid up for a few days after that procedure. I went back to work on Wednesday and to my parents house for Thanksgiving on Thursday. On the drive home Thursday night I started having pretty bad abdominal pains that ran all the way down my legs. I didn't think much of it and went on to work Friday. Friday the pains continued to worsen. It hurt to stand, sit, walk, lay down, go to the bathroom....you get the picture. Again, I tried to ignore the pains thinking that I was still trying to "recover." Saturday morning Ty headed to work and I did the same. I decided, after talking to a co-worker of mine, that I needed to call my doctor about my pains. The doctor advised me to take myself to the emergency room. I phoned Ty and we went. After a LONG wait in the ER I was finally seen. They did a ultrasound and told me that my uterus had becomed inflamed again and that there was a layer of blood clots between my uterus and the endometrial tissue which was also causing pain and pressure. They sent me home with a prescription for Aleve, Prilosec, and strict instructions to "take it easy." With Nathan being gone for the weekend it was not hard to follow doctor's orders. This morning was the first morning I woke up pain free in a week. It's been a hard past few weeks but there have been a lot of prayers said for me and I am so thankful for all of you who have prayed for me.


Here is a picture I took on Thanksgiving. Thanks to my mom and dad who kept Nathan for me over the Thanksgiving holiday. It allowed me the time I needed to get well.
And special thanks to my wonderful husband who has been my rock through all this. I know I would not have made it through as well as I have/am if it wasn't for him. I have truly felt and seen his love for me and our family. Thank you babe. I love you with all my heart!

4 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

I am so sorry you and Ty had to walk this journey, but know that it drew you closer to each other and to our Lord. You were in our hearts and prayers, Leslie~

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about what you and Ty have been going through. I can't even begin to imagine. You have been in my thoughts and prayers daily, and I am so glad to know that you are feeling better. Please know that I'm here for you any time...I may not have any great advice to give, but I'm a good listener. Love you bunches!!

Unknown said...

I have thought of you guys so many times the past week. I haven't called, but please know I've been thinking about you. Let me know if you need anything. Love you ~

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes me cry Leslie. A miscarriage is probably the hardest thing a woman could experience, but I admire your strength and how you keep your faith in the Lord. Get well soon, and please know that we pray for you and your family everyday. We love yall!