Monday, June 30, 2008

Zucchini anyone?

So... Ty left me in charge of his garden while he's away. He left on Saturday afternoon. I figured it would be OK left unattended for a few days... Well, I went out there tonight to pick a few red tomatoes that I noticed through the window (I know.. but I have never been very thrilled about the whole garden thing anyway). So, I head out with Nathan and pick the tomatoes and a few squash that I noticed. I figured I would look through the zucchini while I was there. It's a good thing I did! There were several that were ready to be picked and one that should probably have been picked several days ago. That thing is huge!!!! I mean, how big will these things grow?? Here's a picture of it for those of you who "don't believe until you see." I guess I need to do better about this gardening thing. I do want to go shower now.. I feel like little bugs are crawling all over me.








































Just thought I'd throw this one in... thanks for the "McQueen" sunglasses Erin!



3 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

good grief!! I love zucchini (spelling?) but didn't know they grew that big!

Kristy said...

so you're the one with the baseball bat zucchini! Mrs. Mary that that thing with her the other night! She's gonna freeze it and use it later!!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! That sucker was HUGE!