Friday, November 7, 2008

Jesus...love him good

Yesterday I had my first doctor's appointment. We talked it up with Nathan so he would know that he was going to be able to see the baby on "TV" and hear the baby's heart. None of that took place. What was supposed to be a joyful, heart filling day, ended up being a sorrowful, heartbreaking day. We learned that from my time frame on when I tested positive and the growth of the baby that the two are not matching up. My body is showing I should be about 7 weeks along with the baby having arms, legs and a heart beat. However, we saw the yoke sac and the little ball that was the baby. There is about a 2 week discrepancy. The doctor was concerned so they took blood work. I received a phone call today confirming what I had been dreading to hear all day. It appears that my body is in the process of a miscarriage. I have never had to deal with this before but I have felt the heart break from others who have. I know it's a struggle on trying to figure out why and how and what to do now. I don't really know what to think. My body hasn't completely miscarried so that's why I'm so confused. This is the doctor's explanation... my HCG level is high, my progestrone level is low.. the pregnancy in itself is high showing I am about 4-5 weeks along but with my last cycle I should be about 7-8 weeks along. The doctor thinks I am having a miscarriage since the progestrone level is so low and they want the HCG level to go down... I go back on Monday to give more blood and if the HCG level is still elavated they will need to go in and do a D&C. I'm so scared to even know what that is. What if I have not completely lost the baby? For all I know..the baby is still in there fighting. The doctors say this isn't a good pregnancy.. I say I don't feel like this is over. If I don't have any physical evidence that this is a miscarriage what should I think? This is so completely devastating and to all of you who have experienced this.. I am so truly sorry. I know this baby will be in the most loving hands and someday I will be able to look into those eyes and to see those tiny fingers.. but for now all I need is your prayers that I will have the strength to get through this time.

5 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

Oh my dear sweet friend, I am sorry. You and Ty are in my prayers tonight. Know you have many that love and hold you close today.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine.

Hilary said...

Oh, Leslie...you are in our prayers. Please keep us posted. My heart hurts for you.

Anonymous said...

Leslie, my dear sweet love. This is a hard, hard, hard time. When you are faced with such trying times, keep God closer than ever. If you need to talk, I can listen. I have myself gone through this and though I think about it everyday, it gets easier, I promise. You will be in all my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

You are in my prayers, Leslie. Sending hugs your way.