Tuesday, November 4, 2008

and now the rest of the story...

So this is how our October ended. I told you the last post was "to be continued." Friday we were able to dress up at work. I work with 3 other ladies and no one had any extra money to go buy a fancy costume so we decided to be tail-gaters. Heather and I were 2 Alabama fans and Vicki and Erin were 2 Georgia Bulldog fans. It balanced out pretty well.. I figured I'd be the only Alabama fan but it's good to know that there are other people in Georgia with some good common sense :)














Nathan went to school in one of the shirts that his Nana (Ty's mom) got him. He loved it that the Mickey Mouse lit up!





























I left work, flew home and saw the most handsome trick-or-treater EVER! My little cowboy!











































We had a "carnival" at the Allen's house (who, by the way, threw an awesome party!) Everyone had a "booth" that allowed the kids to play a game or do a craft and fill up on candy. I loved this idea! It allowed us adults to fellowship and we didn't have to worry about what "treats" our kids were getting. Here are some pics of the evening there.

Ty worked so hard and made a bean bag toss (all from one piece of wood) :) It was a HIT (no pun intended).

This is Helen's LAST attempt to the get bean bag through the hole.. she was determined this time to make it! LOL










Aunt Kristy's booth was mini pumpkin painting. Here is Nathan and Spiderman (aka Noah Allen) painting their pumpkins!






















Another game was finding what was brewing in the witches cauldron. I'm not sure what all was in there but Helen was going to find out!












Other activities included decorating cupcakes, making s'mores over a fire and some awesome face painting! Tina has such a talent.

Beth Allen was a hippie.. her costume was complete after Tina got a hold of her face!























I was still an Alabama tail-gater but I LOVE turtles so that's what I requested! I cried when I had to wash it off...











Emily was Dolly Parton. She got her "bling" on!











And, of course, the night wouldn't be complete without some self and family portraits!































































2 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

aw, these pics were so good and you all look so happy!! just wish all of the Gray's/Simmon's lived back in Prattville :)

Kristy said...

You didn't tell your readers that the hat on my head wasn't part of MY costume! I look like a giant in that thing! (Not to mention dorky) LOL!