Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How Can You Say NO??!

Last night Ty and I went to dinner with Matt & Katie. We decided to go to Cracker Barrel and those of you who know me know I can't just go in and not look at the "Country Store" part. Well, Nathan has inherited that from me. Ty knows that and told Nathan upon entering that he will NOT be getting a toy tonight. Nathan agreed and we went in and headed straight to the table to eat. After dinner I asked Nathan if he wanted to go look around the store, he agreed so we went. Nathan had found one of those toys that you grip the handle and the clamps at the end of it close and you release the handle and it opens again. He WOULD NOT put it down. He asked Ty if he would hold it and as soon as Ty got a hold of it Nathan turned to him and said, "don't put it down daddy, don't put it right there (and pointed to the box that it came out of)... EVER!" Ty asked him why not (as he was trying to not bust out laughing) and Nathan said, "because it's going home with me!"
I proceeded to get $6 out of my purse and buy the toy for him.. oops! :) I couldn't resist!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! you can't say no in situations like that!

Tracy Bentley said...

I know how it is. I have a five year old son. He is the same way. He is our only child and is spoiled. What is a 41 year old mom to do but spoil.